Tuesday, October 03, 2006
Ok, so it has been sometime since I have posted. Sorry. Kinda been busy and I have to admit that I got sucked into the 'meta' to the point that I had to step back. So here is my new post.

My prof in preaching made mention that he happened to have a list that he gave to any church that he interviewed with for pastor. It was simply titled "Why you don't want me as your pastor."

Well, I decided to do the same. Keep in mind it is a work in progress, so if you can think of anything that I might have missed--feel free to comment.

1. I hold that God, in three persons, alone is Holy and alone is worthy of worship and glory.

2. I hold that the Word of God is living and active, inspired, infallible, and innerrant; the only standard by which all born-again believers are to measure themselves and each other by; it is the revelation of God to man-there is no "special"revelation that contradicts it.

3. I will not baptize a child under the age of 12.

4. I will not marry a believer to a known unbeliever, nor one who has been through divorce.

5. I believe in meaningful church membership. It should not be easy to join the church.

6. I will ask the church to purge its' membership records and remove the "inactive" member list if it has not done so in the last 3 years.

7. I believe that church discipline is Biblical and should be practiced in the church as necessary and called for in Scripture.

8. I tend to preach expositionally, verse-by-verse, book by book, with the occasional foray into a topic that may need addressing.

9. I am Reformed in my theology. I do believe that Scripture teaches that God elects, saves, and died for, and secures a person dead in sin; therefore, salvation belongs completely to Him. Sola fide, sola gratia, sola Christus, sola Deo.

There are 9 reasons you might not want me as your pastor...if you can think of any other reasons ...gimme a shout!lol

Soli Deo Gloria,
Aaron "Tree" Landis
 
posted by Aaron L. at 7:15 PM |


1 Comments:


At 9:39 PM, Blogger Unknown

Off the top of my head because I should be studying now:


Something on:
-evangelism
-daily quiet times/prayer
-importance of your family
-importance and value of your alone study time as a pastor

Other than that, all others right on. Your the face of the new SBC, brother. I don't see why people cannot see that.

Colin